Labor Day Weekend: Ten Things to do in Point Pleasant
New Jersey’s Point Pleasant has long been a favorite with summer vacationers, boasting lovely beaches, a boardwalk area, and fun activities to keep visitors of all ages busy for days on end. So when the summer is over, it’s a sad time for beach lovers. But don’t despair! You can squeeze in a few more memories and lots more fun with a variety of things to do over the Labor Day weekend at pretty Point Pleasant.
1. Charter a Party Boat – Gather 10 or 20 of your favorite people and head out into the ocean on a fun party boat. You can try your hand at fishing or just enjoy each other’s company as you float through the waves. Relaxing!
2. Book a Spa Day – A great mom/daughter or girlfriend activity, a spa day provides the opportunity to enjoy a bit of pampering. There are a handful of day spas in Point Pleasant and several others within close driving distance. You’ll return home feeling refreshed and reinvigorated!
3. Find the Sales – On Labor Day weekend, it’s all about sales…not sails. Shops up and down the coast, including in Point Pleasant, are hoping to shed their current inventory before they close for the winter. Sidewalk sales and other bargains abound!
4. View Classic Cars – Each Labor Day weekend, the Point Pleasant Beach Chamber of Commerce presents its annual Classic Car Cruise. Head to Arnold and Bay Aves. to admire the vehicles and enjoy music, food, prizes, and lots more.
5. Walk the Boards – Nothing says Jersey shore like a boardwalk, and Point Pleasant’s is pretty special. Cap off your summer with a visit to Jenkinson’s, a Ferris wheel ride, and plenty of boardwalk goodies, like salt water taffy and fudge.
6. Fish at the Manasquan Inlet – One of the best places to fish at the Jersey seashore is at “The Wall” on the Manasquan Inlet in Point Pleasant. Connecting to both the Atlantic Ocean and Manasquan River, this area is always teeming with a variety of species. Bring the kids!
7. Visit Gull Island – If you haven’t gotten close to nature this summer, it’s not too late. Head to Gull Island County Park for some excellent birdwatching. Bring a picnic lunch, sit by the water, and enjoy the view.
8. Dance the Night Away – Jenkinson’s – as well as some other pubs and clubs in Point Pleasant – offers nightly live entertainment for guests who like to party. So put on your dancing shoes and celebrate the end of summer in style!
9. Go for a Ride – The Jersey shore, in general, is a wonderful place to ride a bike. The streets are often flat and if you head out early in the morning the traffic is minimal. Explore the town and surrounding areas on your own bike or rent from an area bike shop.
10.Fireworks – Point Pleasant knows how to mark the end of the summer! Every year, Jenkinson’s presents its Music Finale and Fireworks event on Labor Day (or sometime that weekend). Don’t miss the wonderfully choreographed sky rockets and rockin’ music!