Fourth of July Weekend: Ten Things to do in Sea Isle City
Nestled on South Jersey’s Atlantic coast in Cape May County, Sea Isle City has boasted a thriving summer season for decades. The town has put much effort into increasing visitor friendliness during the less several years and the result has been a Sea Isle City that many are finding more attractive than ever. That means it’s a popular spot nearly every weekend during the summer, including Fourth of July weekend, when you’ll certainly find plenty to keep you busy. But just in case, here’s a list of 10 great things to do during the Independence Day holiday.
1. Go Beachcombing – Sea Isle City is one of the few South Jersey locales that offer guided beachcombing tours. Those in-the-know help visitors learn more about the ecosystem of the Jersey shore and assist beachcombers in identifying things they’ve found along the way, like seashells.
2. Farmer’s Market Shopping – All summer long, including on the 4th of July, visitors can stroll through the Sea Isle Farmer’s Market, where the dozens of stalls offer all sorts of goodies, rain or shine. Come to Excursion Park and check it out!
3. Educate Yourself – The Sea Isle City Historical Museum offers guests “Memories of Days Gone By” in exhibits that attest to the colorful and vibrant history of the area. There’s a pretty memorial garden, too. Great for a rainy day activity!
4. Be an Olympian – Each year on the Fourth of July, the city sponsors Junior Olympics at Dealy Field. Open to kids ages 3 to 13, it includes all sorts of events appropriate for a variety of skill levels. The kids will have a blast!
5. Listen to the Music – Like many Jersey shore towns, Sea Isle City sponsors an Independence Day concert each year. Guest artists vary but it’s always a great time to sit and listen to good music with your neighbors. Bring a picnic dinner for double the fun!
6. Promenading – On Sea Isle City’s Promenade, you can bike or in-line skate every day of the week, starting at 5 am and ending at 3 pm on the weekdays and noon on the weekends. It’s a great way to explore the town and you’ll have a chance to admire the pretty beachfront homes and lovely coastal scenery along the way.
7. Visit the Marina – Sea Isle’s pretty new marina area has a boat launch for personal craft as well as a lovely picnic area. Sit and watch the boats or have a little fun of your own on the water.
8. Shop ‘til You Drop – Along Landis Ave. is a bevy of shops for you to browse including apparel stores, home and specialty shops, surf shops, gift stores, and much more. Many will be offering fantastic 4th of July sales!
9. Eat to your Heart’s Content – Without ever leaving Sea Isle City you can sample nearly three dozen different restaurants! The fare includes everything from stellar seafood eateries to pancake houses, pizza joints, and great bakeries for breakfast goodies. Yummy!
10.Don’t Miss the Fireworks – Fourth of July fireworks are a regular tradition at Sea Isle. They generally happen around 9 pm and are launched from the 50th Street Beach. That means you can see them from just about anywhere in town!