You’ve played Monopoly, and you’ve seen that oh so coveted property: Boardwalk. Did you know that the streets in the game are based on the streets of Atlantic City? And with the possible exception of the casinos, no part of Atlantic City is better known than the boardwalk.
Atlantic City’s boardwalk is more than just planks and sunshine, sand and surf. You’ll find a lot of great activities for the whole family!
- Atlantic City Art Center on Garden Pier — a gallery overlooking the ocean, featuring all kinds of art! Free parking and admission.
- Atlantic City Boardwalk Arcade — the largest redemption arcade in Atlantic City! Play games, win tickets, get stuff. You gotta love it! On the Boardwalk at Ocean Avenue.
- Atlantic City Historical Museum — want to learn more about the city you’re visiting? Check out photos and artifacts at the museum! Admission and parking are free. On Garden Pier.
- Atlantic City Miniature Golf — if you’re not quite ready for eighteen holes at the real golf course, play a round at Atlantic City’s premier mini-golf course on the Boardwalk at Mississippi Avenue.
- Central Pier Arcade and Speedway — redemption arcade plus new NASCAR go-carts equals an afternoon of fun! Paintball and other games of skill at Tennessee and the Boardwalk.
- Chicken Bone Beach Historical Foundation — enjoy weekly jazz concerts during the summer at the Kennedy Plaza stage. On the Boardwalk between Mississippi and Georgia Avenues.
- New Jersey Korean War Memorial — honor our veterans and their continuing fight for freedom and justice. Located at Boardwalk and Park Place.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum — the strange, the amazing, and the unique! More than four hundred exhibits to explore. New York Avenue, at the Boardwalk.
- Royal Rolling Chairs — enjoy a ride up and down the boardwalk in one of these rolling chairs. Seats three adults comfortably.
- WOW Virtual Reality Live — the future is here with this interactive virtual adventure! Visit other worlds on the Boardwalk, across from Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum.
You can’t beat the variety of food available on the Atlantic City Boardwalk! Craving pizza? Burgers? Ribs? You’ll find it. Need a little spice? Try Cuba Libre Restaurant and Rum Bar! There’s a Hard Rock Cafe and a Rainforest Cafe right on the boardwalk for your dining pleasure.
And when it comes to night life in Atlantic City, you don’t have to leave the boardwalk. Bally’s, the Hilton, Trump Plaza, and the Tropicana all have beach bars right on the Atlantic City Boardwalk.
When you’re shopping for souvenirs, be sure to send home some fresh fudge or salt water taffy. Visit Steel’s Fudge, the oldest continuously owned and operated fudge company in the world! And for your taffy fix, hit James’ and Fralinger’s Salt Water Taffy.
One day might not be enough to explore everything the Atlantic City Boardwalk has to offer!